In this lesson you'll learn how to create a twice-daily rotating on-call schedule using Answer Automation's Scheduler feature. You can also download the mp4 video lesson at the bottom of this page.
You will use these instructions if you have more than one on call representative on call a day. An example of this would be from 8am-8pm and then another on call representative on call from 8pm-8am. This can be a consistent rotation or swing rotation as well. Please follow the steps in the document How to Use the Scheduler to Set Up Your Call List to learn more about accessing your scheduler or setting up your initial call list.
- Hover over the day that your on call rotation starts. Select the plus icon.
- Select the time that the On Call Rotation starts.
- Select who will be on call at that time. Also list the backups for the representative. If you want the initial On-call listed two times before moving down the list, this is where you will do it! If you need to add more backups select Add a backup. Remember, you can have up to nine (9) call outs.
- Select your wait The Wait time is the number of minutes that Answer Automation will wait before it calls the next on-call representative in the Call List. We recommend between three (3) and ten (10) minutes with five (5) minutes being the average wait most customers select.
- Select Schedule & Repeat.
- Select the day or days that the rep will be on call. If your on-call representatives rotate every day at 12am and 12pm you will need to select every day and that this rotation occurs every week.
- Select Schedule.
- Now you need to go and create the rotation for the next representative, by selecting the plus icon next to the same date again.
- Next select the time for the second on call representative to start.
- Select the next representative who is on call and select the wait time.
- Select Schedule and Repeat. Again you are going to select every day and every week.
- Select Schedule. Your schedule should have an orange circle on every day of the week and your timeline should reflect those changes!
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guides.