In this lesson you'll learn how to create a daily rotating on-call schedule using Answer Automation's Scheduler feature. You can also download the mp4 video lesson at the bottom of this page.
You will use these instructions if your on-call rotate daily each week. An example would be your first on-call representative in on call Monday, Wednesday, Friday. While your second on-call is on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Or you have seven representatives that rotate and each have a day of the week. Please follow the steps in the document How to Use the Scheduler to Set Up Your Call List to learn more about accessing your scheduler or setting up your initial call list.
- Hover over the day that your on-call rotation starts. Click the plus icon.
- Select the time that the On Call Rotation starts.
- Select who will be on call on that day. Also list the backups for the representative. If you want the initial On-call listed two times before moving down the list, this is where you will do it! If you need to add more backups select the Add a backup icon. Remember, you can have up to nine (9) call outs.
- Select the Wait The Wait time is the number of minutes that Answer Automation will wait before it calls the next on-call representative in the Call List. We recommend between three (3) and ten (10) minutes with five (5) minutes being the average wait most customer select.
- Select Schedule & Repeat.
- Select the day or days that the representative will be on call. If they are on call Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, select M, W, and F. If they are only on call Monday, only select M.
- Select Every Week if this rotation occurs every week.
- Select Schedule.
- Now you need to go and create the rotation for the next representative. Hover over the date that their next rotation would start, and select the plus icon.
- Set their rotation, backups, and wait time. Select Schedule & Repeat.
- Next would you would select the days that the on-call representative is on call. Following the previous example it would be Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday (or T, T, S, S).
- Select Schedule.
- If your schedule is slightly different than our example, you may need to repeat the steps again to suit your needs. An example of that would be having seven (7) on-call representatives that would need to rotate every day of the week, you will need to repeat these steps 5 more times to finish your schedule.
- Once you are finished, your schedule should have an orange circle on every day of the week and your timeline should reflect those changes!
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guides.