In this document, you will learn the basics of Opting-In and Opting-Out of receiving ZIP Digital messages. All ZIP Digital Messages allow the end user to Opt-Out or discontinue receiving future messages. ZIP Digital Text Message blasts also have an Opt-In function meaning that the end-user will have to Opt-In or agree to receive Zip Digital Text Message blasts before being able to receive such messages.
- When creating lists with contacts that have mobile telephone numbers, those contacts will receive an Opt-In text message from ZIP Digital asking if they would like to receive ZIP Digital Text Message blasts.
- Only contacts that Opt-In will receive ZIP Digital Text Messages.
- Contacts will receive ZIP Digital Voice Message and/or Email Message blasts if they have a valid telephone number and/or email address on file, unless they Opt-Out to those messages if/when received.
- To Opt-In to receive ZIP Digital Test Message blasts, the end-user need only reply Yes to the Opt-In message received.
- If the end-user replies Yes, they will receive a text message confirming that they are subscribed as well as instructions for how to Opt-Out in the future, if needed.
- If the end-user does not respond, they will not receive ZIP Digital Text Messages.
- An Opt-In text message is not sent to contact home telephone numbers.
- Opt-In text messages are not sent to contacts who have:
- Already opted in for that company,
- Previously received an Opt-In message and neglected to reply,
- Opted-Out for that company, or are
- Blacklisted in ZIP Digital (opted out of receiving all ZIP Digital Text Message blasts).
- If a contact is unable to receive SMS messages for any reason (example would be that their cellphone provider does not offer SMS messages, an error message will appear under the contacts information.
- If a contact received an Opt-In message several months ago, deleted it without replying, and is on a List for a different ZIP Digital Text Message blast, the Opt-In text message will not be sent again and the user will have to text the ZIP Digital short code (64255) to Opt-In to notifications.
- Contacts that have not yet Opted-In will be denoted in the ZIP Digital Text Message blast details as Contact has not yet opted-in. Blast recipient details are available by selecting the name of the blast on the Text blast dashboard.
- Opt-in is not required for ZIP Digital Voice or Email messaging.
- Each type of ZIP Digital Message has specific Opt-Out instructions.
- ZIP Digital Text Message blasts:
- Reply with the word STOP to the ZIP Digital Text Message. This will Opt the end-user out of receiving future Text blasts from the company that sent the blast. To Opt-In again in the future, the end-user must call 1-855-INDATUS or email email@example.com
- Reply with the word STOP ALL to the ZIP Digital Text Message. This will Opt the end-user out of receiving future ZIP Digital Text Message blasts. To Opt-In again in the future, the end-user must call 1-855-INDATUS or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ZIP Digital Email Message blasts: Select Unsubscribe in the ZIP Digital Email Message received.
- ZIP Digital Voice Message blasts: Press 1 on the telephone dial pad during the ZIP Digital Voice Message call received.
- Once a contact has Opted-Out, they will receive confirmation via that same message channel (Text, Email, Voice) that they are Opted-Out.
- Within ZIP Digital, when viewing a list, it is possible to view contacts that have Opted-Out of a ZIP Digital Message blast by selecting the name of the blast on the Text blast dashboard to view blast recipient details. Opted-out contacts will be denoted with Contact has opted out.
Opting Back In After Reploying "STOP" to an SMS
- If a user has opted out of a SMS Text Messages from ZIP Digital, they do have the ability to opt themselves back in to the service by following the directions from their contact screen in Zip Digital.
- Select the contacts name in any list that they are a part of. On the contact view screen, you will see a unique code for the recipient to text to opt themselves back in.
- You will need to relay this information to your contact that would like to opt back in. Once they send the custom code to the phone number provided, they will receive a message letting them know they are opted back in.
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guide.