In this example we will create a schedule that includes on-call coverage for a Rep. that is on vacation.
- Select Scheduler from the side menu.
- If you do not need to add a Rep, click the red “X” next to Create On-Call Representative.
- Select View Schedule to view an On-Call Representative’s work week.
- Choose the date the Tech starts vacation. In this example, let’s pretend that Tech Two needs the week starting Friday 6/13/2014 off leaving Tech One to cover on-call. Click Select under Schedule Details. That line will become highlighted. Next, select Delete Schedule to remove Tech Two from the schedule for the week of 6/13/2014.
- Click on the calendar to see the change has occurred.
- You have scheduled a vacation week using Scheduler.
- You want to schedule one of the other Techs to work that week. So you will be making a one-time occurrence change. Click on Create Schedule
- Select the Tech that will take the Rep’s place while they are on vacation, including a back up rep. In this example Tech Three is providing vacation coverage for Tech One. Choose Schedule Start date, which should be the first day of Tech One’s vacation.
- Click Save Schedule. To see the change has occurred, click on the date the occurrence began.
- You have created a vacation schedule for Tech One and put Tech Three on call in his/her place.
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guide.