In this lesson you'll learn the basics of how to add an additional toll-free number in Call Tracker for your new marketing sources. You will learn how to select a new toll-free number and assign it to your account within minutes and as needed.
View the overview video or read this topic to learn more about adding a toll-free number to Call Tracker.
Adding a Toll-Free Number
- Login to your Call Tracker account via www.trackthatcall.com.
- It will automatically take you to the Account tab within your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select Add Number.
- Select any toll-free number in the drop down list. If you need a specific toll-free number (i.e. local requests (ex. 555, 502, etc.), Vanity toll-free (ex. 8**-***-CALL) or need to Port a number (i.e. a number that you have with your carrier, NOT Indatus)), please fill out a request form found under the Forms folder in the Help Center and email: email@example.com. Select Continue.
- Ensure your account details are correct. If you need to make any changes to the account, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edit the Category, Source, Primary Number, and Time zone for the new number. The primary number will be the number the call needs to route to. **When labeling ad source, please be aware that if two numbers have the same name we are not able to differentiate between the two when generating a report for call history. Please label with one different identifier.**
- Fill out the other information specific to your needs. Other features include:
- Introduction voicing (Ex. "Thank you for calling Indatus") If you would like customized voicing, please see below note about special requests.
- Recording conversations - You can receive an email copy of these messages by selecting Yes, entering a subject, and entering the email you would like it to be sent to.
- Have the option to leave a voicemail and receive an email copy of any voicemail that is left. Call Tracker is capable of taking voicemail. (Ex. "We are sorry that we have missed your call please leave us a detailed message and we will return your call promptly".) If you would like customized voicing, please see below note about special requests.
- Whisper Feature, which is heard by the person answering the call. Whisper- This is what the person answering the phone will hear.( Ex. "You are receiving a call from your billboard ad".) If you would like customized voicing, please see below note about special requests.
- Receiver ID, which identifies who answers the phone, prompt is heard like a whisper. To learn more about the receiver ID, refer to the document on Receiver IDs.
- Confirm you want to answer the call.
- Notifications for every call- If you would like notifications select Yes.
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guide.