In this lesson you'll learn the basics of how to use the general importer to create contacts. Using the general importer template, you will learn how to create a list and associate to a list of contacts uploaded using the general importer in Zip Digital. Also in this article, you will learn how to set up the General Importer to allow Zip Digital to receive contacts directly from RealPage.
View the overview video or read this topic to learn more about using the general importer.
Using the General Importer
- Go to www.indatus.com, and click on Login. ￼￼￼
- Select Zip Digital. ￼￼
- Login with your user name and password. ￼ ￼
- On the Dashboard, under Contact Library select Manage Lists.
- Select the New List button. ￼￼
- Name List, select General, and select Continue. ￼￼￼ ￼
- Download ZD_General Importer Template. You are going to need the information from the Indatus Companies ID, Property Code, and List Code that are auto populated on this screen. (Previous codes may be invalid, so make sure you are using the most up-to-date codes)
- When you open up the General Importer Template and start to create your list, you need to ensure that the Indatus Company ID, Property Code, and List Code all match. (Codes are case sensitive and must match exactly) ￼￼￼￼
- Make sure the list includes: Indatus Company ID, Property Code, List Code, First Name, Last Name, and at least 1 email or phone.
- Save file as a .csv or .xls file.
- Attach and e-mail the .csv or .xls file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After sending the attachment to email@example.com, input your email address in the box that says Verification Email. This will let you know of any contacts that were NOT uploaded due to bad contact information or duplicated.
- Select Continue.
- Select Save.
- You have now added your list. Lists are added every 5 minutes into the general importer. Any bad or duplicated contacts will NOT be added.
Using the General Importer to Import Contacts from RealPage
- Complete steps 1-7 above.
- Create a report in RealPage that matches the ZD General Importer Template exactly. Ensure that the Indatus Company ID, Property Code, and List Code all match. (Codes are case sensitive and must match exactly)
- Make sure the completed template includes: Indatus Company ID, Property Code, List Code, First Name, Last Name, and at least one (1) email or phone.
- Configure this report so that it can be saved or exported in .CSV or .XLS file format and set RealPage to email this report to firstname.lastname@example.org at a frequency of your choosing.
For Customer Care, please contact us at 1-855-INDATUS
Need this to go?
Download our informative how-to guide.